CD Printing – File types we accept for duplication (Amounts 1-499) are:
- Tiff (Uncompressed)
- Ai (Adobe Illustrator – version 10 or earlier)
- Eps (Convert all fonts to curves/outlines)
- Pdf (300 dpi)
- Psd (You may leave layered, Rasterize all fonts)
Wherever possible, please provide hard copy colour printed proofs of your CD cover design to ensure the highest quality CD Print.
- All files must be provided on a CD, DVD or USB and be PC compatible.
- If you wish to email a file to us, please ensure your maximum file size does not exceed 6Mb.
- If you are sending multiple files via email then send them seperately in individual emails.
- A good idea is to use Winzip to compress your file.
- Tiff files can be reduced in size by 85% in most cases making this format ideal for compressing & emailing.
- We do not accept STUFFIT files.
- If you are creating your files on a MAC, please ensure you have saved your file with a Windows recognisable file extension (eg .tif, .psd, .ai).
- If you are providing a file created in a vector based program, please ensure you have converted all of your fonts to curves.
- Likewise, you must rasterize fonts in Adobe Photoshop.
- You can provide us with Adobe Photoshop files containing multiple layers but you must rasterize fonts.
- Please make sure you download the correct specification files relevant to your job. Do not leave any guidelines on your finished artwork files.
- All files must be at a resolution of 300 dpi and CMYK colour process.
(with the exception of the black on silver disc which should be greyscale).
- Our preferred file format is Tiff for PC (no compression). Tiffs are high quality bitmap files and print very well when using laser printers.
- Do NOT leave guide/outlines on final artwork files.
- If supplied files files do not meet our specifications, you WILL be charged a fee for us to adjust them
Important! Please Note.
Wherever possible, please provide hard copy colour printed proofs.
Please ensure your artwork files (excluding disc) contain bleed. Check our Downloads section to find the latest templates for your CD Printing.
If you don’t know what bleed is or are unsure how to create it, call us on 03 9347 9311.